The Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service divides the area into districts and I follow all the areas in careful detail each month. Most people like to know the general health of the real estate market for conversations sake. However, when it is time to sell, they need more specific figures in order to price their home correctly, sell in a timely manner, and not leave money on the table at the time of sale.
- Carpinteria/Summerland area increased 16.3%
- Santa Barbara East of State Street increases 10.8%
- Santa Barbara West of State Street increased .95%
- Goleta South of US 101 increased 4.14%
- Goleta North of US 101 increased 8.4%
When you want the most recent information about your property, I have that information readily available. Even though people don’t sell based on the market conditions, it is good to educate yourself so you know what kind of market you are selling into. Your real estate professional should have that information and be able to explain the opportunities of each market so you know what to expect.